Faith Family Farm

Trusting

As I wash dishes I pray. 

I pray for a friend whose son had a serious sledding accident, and is having surgery for a severely broken leg.  It took about 3 hours and 3 doctors, 2 plates and several screws to correct, along with a very long recovery period.  I prayed for the mother who is fearful and anxious, but trusting and praying as well.  

I must go, sit, bow my head, and lift up my voice, but my Father hears even when I'm in the midst of chores.  My children and I sit and pray when we get her text, and during our family worship time we take time to pray, among our other requests.  A phone call from a friend asking for prayers for her friend who did not have good news about her pregnancy...we trust, we have faith, we don't understand why, we ask, and we trust more.

"In God I have put my trust,
I shall not be afraid."
Psalm 56:11a

Then, answered prayers, friends who needed a van and God has answered in no uncertain terms.  The dad prayed and God came through ever so clearly.  If only every prayer was answered so quickly and clearly, but His ways are higher than mine, and I trust, and seek Him in all things.

"And again, 
I will put my trust in Him.
And again, 
Behold, I and the children whom God has given me."
Hebrews 2:13




With our recent snow, my door snowman and my colorful, lit snowman were especially appropriate; aren't they so cute?  Yes, the door is a pinterest project, and my projects must be super simple, so anyone can do it, just find a white door, cut out paper and tape, and there you have it!  Actually my daughter started it for me, because she is crafty; I'm not.

My nieces and nephews were over and they wanted to play a bit of Jenga, and when that got old, rather quickly, I set them up as dominoes for my 2 year old nephew with Type 1 diabetes.  He loved it, was an understatement.  I can't tell you how many times I set it up and he knocked it down.  On the other end, his older brother would set more on the floor to make it go even farther.  It was pretty fun, if I do say so myself.  The young one is another prayer request we bring before the Lord, to keep him stable, not too high, not too low, and he does so well being tested and helping.  I haven't learned much yet, but am watching, and praying God will heal that little pancreas of his, but we are so thankful for everything there is to keep him well and healthy.  Yes, God is always good.  





Thank You, Lord, for your faithfulness to those who belong to You.  We praise You, are in awe of You, and lift up Your Name for all to hear.  

"When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You.
In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not be afraid.
What can mere men do to me?"
Psalm 56:3-4

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

No comments: