Faith Family Farm

Surrender

Surrender All


Take all I am, Lord, and all that I cling to
You are my Savior I owe everything to
Take all the treasures that lie in my storehouse
They cannot follow when I enter Your house

So I surrender all to You
I surrender all

Take all my cravings for vain recognition
Fleshly indulgence and worldly ambition
I want so much Lord to make You the focus
To serve You in secret and never be noticed

Take all my hunger for all that’s forbidden
Every desire and sin I keep hidden
Search me and know me I want to bring to You
A life that is holy and sanctified through You


Surrender.  Is it possible to really surrender all we have, all we are, all we do?  This has been my desire for quite some time.  How many times have I failed?
Too many to count.  Too many...
Am I able to surrender?  Truly surrender to His Holy and perfect will?  He has given me strength; He has given what I need to surrender.  I only need to accept His strength, His encouragement, open my palms out toward Him, empty what I have, and accept who He is.  Oh, what joy is to follow.  My God has much to offer, but I must be willing to give.

"I delight to do Your will, O my God;
Your law is within my heart."
Psalm 40:8



Ever counting grateful gifts #1436 - #1458
bright sun after the storm * fast moving clouds bringing another storm in * dad feeding hay * Steve and Jamin helping dad fix tin on dairy barn * squirrel jumping around * March breezes * yogurt and blueberry parfait * safe through 3 storms now * constant lightening - beautiful * God's amazing power * our church doing AIG VBS * paintings finally hung * a kind friends' encouraging words * my "Blessings" jar * 'Mt. Washmore' finally contained - til tomorrow * a cool sunny breezy day after the storms * daughter making cookies for team players she and her siblings coached and sick families in community * blue skies * Lord, You are good! * rolls of hay scattered across the fields * stella dioras coming out of the ground * rain glistening on grass after storms *

This was from a previous post, but this song means so much to me that I had to share it again.  Sovereign Grace has some of the most beautiful and meaningful lyrics that continually lift me before His throne.  

Here is where I am now on my thousand gifts; nearing 3000!!!  Love it; it keeps me in a mindset of always thanking Jesus for what He has, is, and will do for us.

Still counting...
2954  Jamin on the bass
2955  Praise God from whom all blessings flow
2956  daughters planning a Tea Party on Valentine's Day for some ladies
2957  Jenny's new tea set (made in Ireland)
2958  not getting upset when I spill a diet drink over the desk and set the computer back down in it...
2959  Nala wanting to sit on MY lap :)
2960  kids getting ready to sing at another church
2961  Julia's choir solo..."Take Me as I Am," yes, our prayer
2962  new, great movie we watched with nieces and nephew, "The Lost Medallion"
2963  the prayers of a righteous man avails much - wow...
2964  greeting friends during "the welcome"
2965  quiet Sunday afternoons
2966  lying down with sweet hubby
2967  moving bedroom furniture...again...
2968  still SEEKing Him and His way 
2969  still memorizing - 4 verses now! (a difficult thing for me)
2970  The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness by Timothy Keller 

Almost to 3000!  I do so love this habit, although I forget so often to write, but am still very thankful for all my Jesus has done for me, and "What Can I Do but Praise Him."
                             Yes.Just.That.Praise.Worship.  
            Bow down on bended knee at the awe of His goodness and workmanship.

I pray you have a blessed Lord's Day this Sunday.

(This seems an inappropriate time for this side note, but I am not sure the posts are being emailed to you as subscribers as before, since I changed the name, so if you desire, you may want to subscribe again, just in case, and my dear sweet friend is still working some kinks out of the blog, so thank you for your grace and patience while it all gets accomplished.)

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

No comments: