Faith Family Farm

Idols of the Heart Study


A sweet friend will be joining me at my home for tea and this Bible study beginning tomorrow morning, the 15th, at 10 am.  If anyone is interested, please email me for more information.  We would love to have you join us in, Idols of the Heart: Learning to Long for God Alone, by Elyse Fitzpatrick. 

Each week I will post something we have learned about the idols of our hearts, and the desire of longing for God alone.

"'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.'  This is the great and foremost commandment."  Matthew 22:37-38

Notice the words "all" and "and;" they are so very important for such little words, and packed with great meaning.

Here's a couple questions from the 1st chapter...

"Do I love Him with everything that I am, or are there other loves in my heart that clamor for my attention?"

"Do I worship additional gods, or is He always, and in every case, the supreme Ruler who receives my undivided passion and devotion.?"

"Idolatry lies at the heart of every besetting sin that we struggle with."

"Little children, guard yourselves from idols."  1 John 5:21

"God changes hearts."

Again, I would love to have you join us for tea and study.  Email or comment if interested. (faithfamily6@gmail.com)

Let's learn together how to displace the idols in our hearts with the Word of Truth, and enjoy the freedom of longing for God alone.

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

No comments: