Faith Family Farm

Turkey w/ Cornbread Dressing

My grandmother, oh, how I loved her and how much I still miss her terribly! 

She was the only one in our family to make dressing, no one else would attempt it, so I decided, I CAN DO IT!  And I did!  It is so very good, and mom even gave me grandma's own recipe written by her as well.  Love it and cherish it...

So, I decided to share it with you.  I may make a couple little changes, such as, add more broth because we like it a bit more moist, and sometimes we saute the onions and celery, and other times, I simply chop and throw them in.  It's up to you.




I had a very sweet friend take Grandmother's recipe and put it on a plate for me!  Love it!!!



I hope you will try it and then make it your own.  It is so good!  Enjoy!!!

What is a favorite Thanksgiving recipe of yours?

Are you hosting or going somewhere for your Thanksgiving?

Be grateful in all things...

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

4 comments:

Sam said...

Sounds good. I never liked stuffing as a kid (or pumpkin pie...or rolls...my thanksgiving plate wasn't very colorful :P) but I do like it now.

My favorite dish is and always has been (for Thanksgiving) pretzel salad. =]

Unknown said...

I'm not sure I've had a pretzel salad, maybe you will have to send us the recipe.
Have a great Thanksgiving Sam!

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

Sammy and Missy Parris said...

I have never made it either. My Mamaw always made it and I kind of remember how but I wish so much I had payed more attention when I had the chance. How sweet to have it all written out in her handwriting. I think I'll try it!
Missy

Unknown said...

Let me know how you like it!

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody