Faith Family Farm

Endless Grace

The last few days have been icy, cold, and snowy.  We have been some of the fortunate ones. Our power was only off in the early morning hours, so far...  We poured extra drinking water, closed doors so the fire can heat the main space better, and brought out the trusty camping stove.  Haven't had to use it yet. 

I don't mind the power being off for a bit, but yes, a few days makes things a bit more difficult.  I'm not quite sure we could have survived in our grandparents or great-grandparents days.  They were amazing.  

The oil lamps have been pulled out as well.   We are as prepared as one can be in this day.  Laundry, dishes, cleaning caught up.  Just keeping animals fed, watered, and closing chickens up every evening.  Jamin and my dad had to cut a few trees off of fences or pull them out of the road just so he could get home.




       
Our major drawback is the Dad has to be at work since he works for the utilities company.  So, over the 3 days so far, he came in for 2 hours sleep yesterday, and 4 hours sleep today, and went right back to work.  All of those men should be praised greatly!  They are not only working around the clock, but working out in this cold!                     Thank you all utility workers!  We are grateful for your dedication!   






Are we grateful enough?  In all things?  I forget to write, as I keep counting, and I see my new bracelet with my one word, focus, and it reminds me to continue seeking what is important.  I'm coming up on 4000 gifts!  4000 written, counted gifts!  Oh, how many I have missed to write!  Focus...Focus...Focus...How distracted I become, even as I sit down to type.  

As we stay in the comfort of our warm homes, those men all out working and all into and through the night, yes, we are grateful again, and again.  We thank their families, because they are sacrificing too, husbands gone, daddies unavailable for a time.
               Thank you, and again, thank you.














What beauty is displayed in God's glory.  How amazed I continue to be with the artistry of our heavenly Father. 


"The heavens are telling of the glory of God,
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
Day to day pours forth speech, 
And night to night reveals knowledge.
Psalm 19:1-2


Endless Grace

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught,
and overflowing with thankfulness...
and in Christ you have been brought to fullness.
Col. 2:6-7, 10

Remember, I'm always looking forward to hearing from you!

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

No comments: