Faith Family Farm

THE One Word?

Focus...Focus...what exactly does this mean?  How do I focus my eye sight without the tools and machines to test how I see?  How do I use "My One Word" in my life?  One Word.  What is One Word to live by?  
                        The Word.                            
                                       God's Word.  
                                                    God's Holy inspired Scriptures, written for our benefit.  Written to show us how to live, how to survive in this place we call home, in this world of Earth and America and Tennessee and inside the building we reside in, the one we call home.  He shows us through His Word, the inerrant Scriptures.  He shows us where to place our focus, how to adjust our sites, how to fine tune the lenses through which we see life.  God's Word is The One Word which we use to change our focus and see through His eyes.



"A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course 
to victory."  

Sometimes the path is narrow, 
sometimes tis hidden, 
by troubles, doubts, fears, or regrets. 
We must focus our eyes on the path, 
peer through the clouds, 
and look to His Word to carry us on, 
give us strength, 
guide our feet and bring us closer to Him.

"Spending time with God puts everything else in perspective." 


"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face;
now I know in part, 
but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known."
1 Cor. 13:12

We focus on our behavior, but God focuses on our hearts.  We forget God made us in His image, and we set our sights on what we can do; our focus remains on me, on I, instead of focusing on the change God desires for us to become more like Him.  We are so easily entangled in everything the world throws our way, and when our focus begins to get blurry, we must look to His Word, readjust our sights, and allow God to make the change in our hearts we so need.   

"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth."
Col. 3:2

"Therefore be imitators of God,
as beloved children."
Eph. 5:1
Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

No comments: