Faith Family Farm

Longing for God Alone

See, I have this friend, and we are going through this study together.  On this particular day, after the ice, snow, and cold, today, it was so nice.  The weather warmed up to a wonderful 70 degrees!  We eventually opened our windows for a bit of fresh air!  God decided to gift us with some beautiful sunshine on this lovely afternoon!




Yeah, we have shed tears, said a few prayers, not near enough, and read from His Word.  It is taking us awhile, but there is so much when dealing with the idols of this world.  So much to learn, so much to die to self for, and confessing, and encouraging, always encouraging.  

Our desire is "to worship and glorify Him by choosing Him."  Choosing God.  Shouldn't that be a given?  If we are genuinely saved, born again by the mighty Grace of the One True Living God, shouldn't that be easy for us?  Choosing Him.  Or, choosing to sit and stare at pinterest, agh, so good, yet so time consuming.  Do I give the same amount of time to God, as I do pinterest?!?

Do I give encouraging comments to others, in person or on a blog, when talking about our Christ, as I would to seemingly mundane things of this world?  How often do I talk about movies, books, games, TV shows, not to mention spending time on facebook, instagram, or any social media that is out there.  

If I were to time myself, how much would all that compare to what I actually give to God.  Yes, I talk with Him throughout my day, we have conversations, sometimes, "Why do I even have those thoughts, please, God, take those away, please give me Your thoughts."  Or, "Jesus, I don't have words for this day, and I need You to see me through."  And, how I love saying, "Thank You for this beautiful sunshine You have graced us with today.  Thank You for keeping my family safe when traveling in many different directions.  Thank You for bringing us all home together."

But, how much is spent sitting at His feet, before His throne, with His Words in my hands?



Sometimes, I just pray for God to have His way, because He knows best.  I must trust in those times.  Praying for families who have heard the worst news of cancer, praying for strength, praying for healing, and God does heal.  Do I believe that?  Do I really believe what I say?  He may not heal on my terms, but He does, and He can.

Through all of life, will we choose to worship and glorify God or ourselves?  Will I choose to worship and glorify God or myself?



So, yeah, my friend and I changed a word in our study today.  

It says, " This year I'm going to seek to worship God alone."

We chose to say, 
"Today, I am going to seek to worship God alone."  
Yes.Just.This.

 Joshua told Israel, "You will not be able to serve the Lord, for He is a holy God."  He knew they would fall, and so many times, we too proclaim, "We will serve the Lord," then turn from Him.  As I struggle with my own selfish desires, my prayer is, "Today, I am going to seek to worship God alone."

I will leave you with one of my favorite verses of Scripture,

"Indeed, while following the way of Your judgments, O Lord,
We have waited for You eagerly;
Your name, 
even Your memory,
is the desire of our souls.

At night my soul longs for You,
Indeed, my spirit within me seeks You diligently."
Isaiah 26:8-9a

I pray you will have a longing for God alone, and I will join in praying for, and with you dear friend.  Lay it at His feet, and long for Him.  

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

No comments: