Faith Family Farm

Snow, Snow, Snow!

Sledding, snowball fights, snowmen, the most gorgeous scenery, laughter, snow cream, falling, a few slight injuries, nothing too serious (except maybe mom, yes, my mother), friends, family, doughnuts made by the old farm truck and 4-wheeler, hot chocolate, and wet clothes made for some fun, fun, fun! 

This scene from just around the bend at our house is always a favorite of mine.  How God created the trees as beautiful canopies above the lovely landscape below.  Simply mesmeric...


One of our big ol' bulls.  We like to call 'em "Buck."


If you have seen many of my scenery posts, then you may have noticed this shed before.  I don't know why, but I love this shed and the pics it makes.  I remember as a kid when my parents had it built; I was probably 7 or 8.  This field is aptly named for the shed, "The Shed Field!"  



Oh!  I forgot about the giant snowball slingshot!  What fun!  Kenton had to lie all the way down to pull it back far enough to let it go!  

You know you are around farm people when most everyone has coveralls on!


We took the easy way out, or "up" I should say.  We used the two 4-wheelers to pull the sleds and take people back up the hill.  This was not a "little" hill we were on, this was a hill that sometimes, we had to go around a bit to get to the top, because of too many people; it is that steep.  "I actually had the front wheels come up on me once because all the weight was on the back!  That was a bit scary, because Joelle was on a sled I was pulling!!!)  The "hill" is 100 yards plus long, and steep!


I was going to try and not narrate all the pics, but since I didn't much in the previous posts, I am here, Ha!  This one was hilarious!  I had just arrived as Jana AND Kenton came down, and He was totally covered!  I jumped off the 4-wheeler and ran over to get a pic!  If you look closely, you can see his arms, and at least one hand, the blue glove.  Jana did have her arms over his face, so he was ok.  I just had to pull him out!

Our dogs, their Big Max, and our Nova, had a blast running up and down, and up and down! 




The cabin down below my parents' house.  'Tis a lovely little cabin and lots of fun has been had by many there!  




Snowball fight!!!






Hugs to you if you know where this idea for a snowman came from.  Poor guy, Jenny just ran him over.  Go here to Sarah's blog or check out her instagram at sarahpenmaiden, and see a close up of the poor guy!  It's a sight!  You gotta see his tongue! :/


I will leave you with a couple videos of our fun!  I tried another one of Julia getting clobbered by her uncle, but it was too big to upload here.  In the 2nd video here, just imagine that happening to her as well, not him killing her after, just tackling to the ground!  What fun!  What laughter!




It is good to laugh, but I laughed so hard my head hurt, and we came in to rest, and dry off.  Julia had gotten so wet, she was sick for a bit that afternoon, but was better by evening.  It was a fun day!

"A joyful heart is good medicine."
Proverbs 17:22

"A joyful heart makes a cheerful face."
Proverbs 15:13

I'd love to hear about your fun you've had this winter!

Do you make snow cream?

Snowmen?

Or just sit around the fire with the family and a good book?

Remember, if you'd like these posts emailed directly to you, just place your email in the subscribe box on the right of the blog.  Simple and easy.  

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

No comments: