Faith Family Farm

Reflection

"For God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7


Christlikeness
Father of Jesus,
Dawn returns, but without thy light within no outward light can profit;
Give me the saving lamp of thy Spirit that I  may see thee,
the God of my salvation, the delight of my soul, rejoicing over me in love.
I commend my heart to thy watchful care, for I know its treachery and power;
Guard its every portal from the wily enemy,
Give me quick discernment of his deadly arts,
Help me to recognize his bold disguise as an angel of light, and bid him begone.
May my words and works allure others to the highest walks of faith and love!
May loiterers be quickened to greater diligence by my example!
May worldlings be won to delight in acquaintance with thee!
May the timid and irresolute be warned of coming doom by my zeal for Jesus!
Cause me to be a mirror of thy grace, to show others the joy of thy service,
May my lips be well-tuned cymbals sounding thy praise,
Let a halo of heavenly-mindedness sparkle around me and a lamp of kindness sunbeam my path.
Teach me the happy art of attending to things temporal with a mind intent on things eternal.
Send me forth to have compassion on the ignorant and miserable.
Help me to walk as Jesus walked, my only Saviour and perfect model,
His mind my inward guest, His meekness my covering garb.
Let my happy place be amongst the poor in spirit,
my delight the gentle ranks of the meek.
Let me always esteem others better than myself, and find in true humility an heirdom to two worlds.
(From The Valley of Vision-Puritan Prayers and Devotions)

My Jesus, Lord and Savior, help me to always be a reflection of Your love, Your life, Your will.

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

No comments: