Faith Family Farm

Overcoming Fear


Some days are filled with fear.  It may be by our own making, it may be Satan toying with us, but whatever the reason, fear can take hold and change the way God desires for us to live.  We must fight back with God's Word.  I had been writing some Scriptures down dealing with fear, when I read out of The Quotable Oswald Chambers.  He said, 

"The truth is we have nothing to fear and nothing to overcome because He is all in all and we are more than conquerors through Him.  The recognition of this truth is not flattering to the worker's sense of heroics, but it is amazingly glorifying to the work of Christ." (from Approved Unto God)

His next quote was the one I had to read over and over, and I am continually going back to it and then to God's Word.  He spoke from Psalm 128:1, "Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord; that walketh in His ways."  Mr. Chambers said,

"The remarkable thing about fearing God is that when you fear God you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God you fear everything else.  'Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord;'  the writer to the Hebrews tells us to fear, lest haply there should be any promise of God's of which we come short (Hebrews 4:1).  (from The Highest Good-The Pilgrim's Song Book)

Fear took on a different meaning when I read this.  I like to think I have a "fear of the Lord," a healthy, reverent fear.  I know God loves, and He expects my surrendering to His will, my obedient heart, and yet I hold back...again. 



"The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;"
Psalm 19:9

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; 
A good understanding have all those who do His commandments; 
His praise endures forever."
Psalm 111:10

"The fear of man brings a snare,
But he who trusts in the Lord will be exalted."
Prov. 29:25

"There is no fear in love;
but perfect love casts out fear,
because fear involves punishment,
and the one who fears is not perfected in love."
1 John 4:18

"The fear of the Lord prolongs life."
Prov. 10:27

"The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the defense of my life;
Whom shall I dread?"
Psalm 27:1

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the Lord,
she shall be praised."
Prov. 31:30


Slow down and meditate on His Word, God's wonderful love letter to us, and be blessed in fearing God and not man or what man can do.  Have a joyful day in the Lord!

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

No comments: