Faith Family Farm

The Wise Woman

"The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands." Proverbs 14:1 Do you help to build up your house, or with words and actions tear it down? If we are not walking obediently with our Lord, we will not be aware of the construction work around us. Proverbs 15:1 tells us, "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." As women we must learn to "let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God," 1 Peter 3:4. WOW! A gentle and quiet spirit is precious in the sight of our Lord? Instead of being so concerned with our outward appearance, He wants us to take notice of our "hidden person." It took me many, many years to learn this concept. I was not quiet, wanting all to know what I did, and why I did it. God used different situations in my life to teach me He was more interested in my obedience than all my "knowledge" I was so willing to share with others. It is refreshing to understand where God wants me to be, always in the center of His will with total obedience. And, it is God's Word where I find all He desires me to be as a Biblical woman of God. #31 a pastor who preaches Truth #32 friends to study God's Word with #33 a dishwasher washing dishes in the background #34 daughters making their brother a birthday cake Amazingly His, Jody

1 comment:

ThomasFunnyFarm said...

What babies are you holding and how come you aren't holding mine? hehehehe Baby J went pee in the potty three times tonight. Yippee!!!!!

sis