Faith Family Farm

Snow Day: Day 1

Finally, here are the pics of the beautiful snow sent to us this past Sunday night. We recieved 7-8 inches of it in some places. It's gorgeous. Below, is a pic of our house. This is just a random pic of the trees, there may be more following. I just thought the curly vine was neat. =D Here's a pic of my feet, well, where they are supposed to be... Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

I don't know if you can tell, but those are deer tracks in the snow. Our early morning visitors were not seen by us, but their path was clear.
This is one of my favorites. =]
As is this one. I like mittens. ^ - ^
This is a snow-covered log... *suddenly breaks into song* "There's a flea on the wing on the fly on the frog on the bump on the log in the hole in the bottom of the -- snow! There's a hole, there's a hole, there's a hole in the bottom of the snow!!!"
Ahem. *clears throat* This is our creek, or as some say, crik. =]
And the other side of the crik.

More deer tracks.


Ah, and this is the Pearl (for those who do not know, we call our van the White Pearl).
Walnut tree.
This and the other picture below is of the tree located at the corner of our house. Actually there's a really funny story behind this tree. When my parents were building this house they purchased and planted what was supposed to be a 3-foot dwarf tree of some kind... Well, it is definately not a 3-foot tree, more like 30-foot... Anyway, in the spring it's blossoms are some of the prettiest flowers I have ever seen, and we still don't know what kind of tree it is.


If you remember the last post published after Christmas, you would have seen the birdbath with a piece of glass on top and a purty heart drawn by none other than me. Well, this is the birdbath now covered in 6 inches of snow.

Below, is my luverly rain/snow boots. Can you see the cat prints? =3
Here's our little flower bed.
Here's the Pearl again.
Winter Wonderland! Heavy laden with snow, the trees are beautiful.
Trampoline: Closed until further notice. Jump at your own risk. =]
Here's my boot again, I'm trying to show you how deep it was. I've never had snow this deep, it was wonderful!
We took our sledding gear and had a ball on top of one of our mini mountains. It was snow much fun! *heehee* I specialize in cornyness... We had at least 20-22 people up there all at one time. Then we squeezed them all into our little strainer room down at the dairy barn, which you can see in the pic below, to get warm.



Layout of the land.
We used the four-wheelers to ferry everyone back up the steep hill.
Here's one of the three red barns located on our beautiful farm. This was behind us as we were sledding.
And this is my grandparents house and workshop.

The barn again...
Oo, that's me on the right of Poppy and my brother, J-dawg, on the left. Check out my fuzzy toboggan. So warm...



There's the cabin, silos, dairy, and barn. The spring for which our farm is named is a little ways off and behind the silos.
That's the shed, which stores hay and a good number of farm equipment.



That's JP, she's on the old fashion wooden sled with metal runners. Surprisingly, that sled was the best. Once there was a path, you really gained speed on that thing. It even allowed you to steer.

That's me again! I'm SNOWBOARDIN'!!!! Took several falls at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's be-awesome. ^ - ^
There's JP and Ju-Ju. Hahaha, wipeout! (you can sing the song with that)


Here's the mountain. Doesn't look like much, does it? Ah, but we had fun!
Beautiful. God's creation never ceases to amaze me. Love to all,
Sari

1 comment:

ThomasFunnyFarm said...

Well by golly, it finally worked. Yeah!!! So glad you had so much fun. Love the pics and LOVE the Last of the Mohicans music. Don't know if you know this, but that was my favorite movie in college (mostly because of the music). Thanks for taking the time to share the pics. And I know it took serious time!!!! :) Love y'all!!! Aunt J